#VUC561 about the Grandstream GVC3200 was yet another example of bringing my broadcast video production background into the realm of vodcasting. In the pre-call walk-through Randy took a screen-shot of what he was seeing. It seemed a little busy. There was certainly a lot to look at.
Just for fun I thought I’d make note of what was actually there, and how it was being used.
- HP Desktop (partially obscured by right monitor)
- Left monitor
- Shows vMix HD to switch video sources
- Right monitor
- Shows Hangout & web UI for GVC3200
- VoiceMeeter Banana audio mixing software (not shown)
- AVer Media C127 Game Broadcaster HD HDMI capture card (not visible)
- Anker USB 3.0 hub (mounted under desk)
- Logitech BCC950 ConferenceCam
- Logitech C920 webcam
- AVER VC520 PTZ Conference Camera (not shown)
- Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop with Lenovo USB 3.0 dock supporting Ethernet network connection
- VoiceMeeter Banana using VBAN to send/receive audio to/from desktop
- Sennheiser DW Pro2 DECT headset
- LED conference light
- Not required when the desk is in this position because of ample….
- Natural light from west-facing doors
- Rebel Desk manually adjustable sit/stand desk
- Polycom VVX-600 with camera module (unused for #VUC561)
- Netgear 8-port POE switch
- TP-Link AV500 Powerline Ethernet extender
So that was the inventory, but how was it used? vMix HD software on the desktop handles video switching and compositing. It had the following sources available in this case:
|The VUC opening sequence & Phil’s slides loaded as vMix internal source. I especially like how vMix can load a PowerPoint slide set as a single item, then transition seamlessly between slides. It doesn't support effects within a slide, but it's still pretty slick.
This saves me from exporting the slides as images file, then loading them on-at-a-time.
The resulting image quality is very good.
|HDMI capture card connected to the output of the GVC3200 via an HDMI splitter.
At various points during the call this showed the GVC3200 menus in action, as well as a video call ongoing with Randy's VVX & Bria on my mobile phone.
Since Hangouts operate at 720p the 1080p output of the GVX3200 was being scaled down by the capture card.
|Logitech BCC950 ConferenceCam shot of me (720p30)|
|AVER VC520 PTZ Conference Camera on tripod set to shoot the GVC3200 on the HDTV on my old desk.
This was my first public use of this new PTZ webcam which is a competitor to Logitech's CC3000e Conference Cam. In this case I used it's PTZ presets to switch between several different shots.
I expect to have more to say about this camera soon.
|Desktop window captured to show the GVC3200 web UI|
I plan to share the details of how I handle audio, splitting it between two computers to ensure quality. Also, some of the things I’ve done to adapt the Rebel Desk adjustable desk to my working habits.